Monday, October 28, 2013

Baptisms baby Baptism!

Dear Family and Friends,
I can´t wait until I get to Wednesday in telling you this!  The familia Narducci´s getting baptized!  The kids have dates for the 16 of November, but Eve, the mom, needs to wait until she gets married to Franko, the dad.  They were going to get married in August, and for some reason they didn't, but now they´re thinking the 29th of November so she can be baptized the 30th!  She was really sad yesterday in our lesson because she just kept saying, "I want to be baptized too!"  It was amazing and I´m so happy.  On top of that, two other investigators accepted baptismal dates.  They are both old and I´m not 100% sure they understood why they needed to be baptized, so it´s going to take a little more work.  Also, I think the man, Estevan, is in love with me.  So we also have to make sure he didn´t just accept a date for that either.  Every time I teach something, he interrupts me and asks me a random question about my life.  huh.  But please pray for all of them, Eve, Franko, Lucas, Nazarena, Maximo, Dominga, and Estevan.
So we also had exchanges this week with the asistentas.  I ended up going to Funes and I was with Hermana Aragon from Mexico.  I got to teach English class so that was pretty fun.  I also got pooped on by a bird and got a bloody nose in the bus.  That was not so fun but an adventure!
Yesterday we had stake conference in Rosario so none of our investigators came.  It´s hard for everyone to go to Rosario.  The buses aren't reliable and expensive and almost no one has cars.  But they´ll come next week.  It was voting day in Argentina so we ended up waiting for the bus for 2 hours and getting to the conference 45 minutes late.  A trial of my patience.  But we got there in time to hear hermana giuliani and presidente giuliani speak.  Afterwards, we went up to talk to them.  President basically told us that one of us is going to be transfered.  I´m praying that I can stay in Arroyo Seco a little longer, but if I need to go I´ll go knowing that Arroyo Seco´s in good hands and I did all I could do.  
I seriously love Arroyo Seco.  I´ve been here longer than any other area and it´s only been 11 weeks!  I love the members, I love the less actives, I love the investigators, and I love everyone else too.  I love this work and I know it´s true.  Everything we share as missionaries.  I´ve seen the lives of people change as they recognize the truthfulness of our message.  And I´m so grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  8 months, yikes, but I still have 10 more!
Hermana Borup
ps pictures are of mud, 
 
hermana vanessa and denise that came with us to two lessons!  
 
And familia narducci minus franko and juanita (4 years old)
 
This is at the monument, we got to go to the top and it´s the most famous part of Rosario!
Yes, I look bald.  And fat.  Because I am fat and I didn´t feel like doing my hair.  It´s pday, give me a break!
 
 
The elders also.  It´s a good group
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment