Sunday, November 10, 2013

You're leaving... Just kidding!


Dear Family and Friends,
This week was probably the craziest of my life.  So many different emotions rolled into one.  First off, Tuesday... oh Tuesday.  We finished the day and I was literally dragging my feet.  I had no energy left.  So I went to bed.  We got a call that night from our district leader saying that I was training a visa waiter and that I was leaving Arroyo Seco.  I cried and I couldn't sleep at all that night.  The next morning I started planning my goodbyes and getting things ready to leave.  It was going to be perfect, because we had a lesson planned with the familia Narducci and lunch with the relief society president.  But then I texted the zone leaders asking them where I was going.  They must have been confused because they then called me to tell me I was not going anywhere, and I just had to pick up my new companion at the mission home the next day.  Elder Martínez!!!  Oh my goodness.  So then it was obvious that Hermana Jiménez was going.  But I was so happy to be able to stay in Arroyo Seco for another transfer!
So Thursday I also didn't get to sleep because I had to be in Rosario at 8:30.  So I got there with puffy eyes and ready to meet my new companion.  We had a training meeting on how to help the visa waiters adapt to Argentina and then in they came.  All 30 of them!  Huge group!  My new companion's name is Hermana Dean from Utah.  She started her mission in February with me but had to wait for her visa for 8 months!  She served in the Washington Tocoma? mission and never taught in Spanish.  So her Spanish is at a beginning level.  Other than that little set back, she's amazing and so excited to be here! 
Thursday I also got to talk to an elder that looked really familiar to me.  He was in my freshman ward at BYU and served for 4 months in the Salt Lake City West mission.  When he told me that it was the first time I realized that I've changed a lot since freshman year.  It was kind of exciting to see the changes in me and it gave me hope that I can still change even more!
Friday was another crazy storm, but this time we were in the streets.  We got soaked and I felt bad because it was Hermana Dean's first day, but it was fun.  And Saturday made up for it.  4 new investigators!  And 8 lessons in one day!  I've never had that much in Argentina.  That just doesn't happen here, but it did on Saturday, and it will again!
Sunday everyone said they were going to come to church and then no one came.  We had 58 people in attendance, which is the most we've ever had, but only one investigator, and she's the other hermanas.  The familia Narducci didn't come because they had a birthday party, so we changed their baptismal date to the 23rd.  We found out after church that Delma, a new investigator came, but there was no one in the hallway so she left!  No!!!  We're seeing her tomorrow and apologizing.  I'm praying she will come again. 
And yesterday I did not feel so good but we cleaned the apartment and had a few lessons in the afternoon.  I have a random fat lip? and swollen eyes?  But I'm used to random things by now. 
Glad to hear all about New York and that mom had so much fun running the marathon! And Annie and Covey!!!!!!  Yes!!!!  Congratulations on the engagement!
I also got Alyssa's announcement in the mail this week!  So cute!  Congratulations!
Love you all and I'm so excited for another packed week in Arroyo Seco, Playa Hermosa, General Lagos, and Pueblo Esther!  I love this work!
Hermana Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment