Monday, November 11, 2013

A pretty normal week

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was pretty normal in comparison to some of the other weeks I´ve had in Argentina. 
Wednesday Hermana Jimenez and Hermana Mueller left to train and Hermana Dean and I were alone because Hermana Ospinal went to pick up her new companion.  We went to General Lagos to work and then eat with our branch president, but I looked at my clock wrong and got to President´s house an hour early... ooops.  I guess I was just really hungry.  But we ended up working for another hour and had a great lesson with our investigator named Delma.  She accepted a date for the 7th of December.  She´s amazing and came to church last week, but no one was in the hall so she left.  Ah!  But she didn´t come to church this week.
Thursday everything was normal.  Friday we had zone meeting in Rosario at 9 in the morning.  Usually our zone meetings are during siesta, but they changed it this time.  So we had to wake up early in order to get there on time.  And then afterwards we ended up having to wait 1 hour and a half for the bus to get there because it was raining.  It was horrible and I wasn´t too happy because my back was hurting a lot.  But in the meeting we talked a lot about family history and how to use it as missionaries and that got me excited.  Obviously I had the two callings I did in college for a reason.  So I´m excited to talk to everyone about family history!
Saturday a lot of our plans fell through, but we were able to have a lesson with the Narducci family.  Bad news, well not bad but bad for me because I´m not perfect.  Franko wants the kids to wait to be baptized.  He wants them to really know what they are committing too because of his own experiences with the church.  On top of that, Eve fell out of their truck on Friday and broke her ankle and tore up her back.  But they are still progressing and all of the kids came with us to church.  They were a little bored in sacrament meeting but I found ways to keep them entertained.  It was a one time deal though because this week Eve will be able to take them because she´ll be able to walk.  We´re going over tomorrow to help her out around the house. 
Sunday our only investigators that came to church were the Narducci´s.  But Hermana Isabel was there and so was a new less active we´re working with.  Hermano Labat came at the beginning but only to talk to Presidente Gutierrez.  He doesn´t want us going to his house anymore.  I about cried when I heard.  I´ve been working with the Labat family since I got to Arroyo Seco and Hermano Labat was coming.  I have no idea what happened.  But I know that there are others out there that really want to come to Christ and that´s where we need to be working.  I will always love that family and I still pray for them.  I hope that one day their hearts will be softened.
Last night we were on our way home when a man yelled "how are you?"  It´s normal to hear things in english so I kept walking.  But Hermana Dean stopped to talk to him.  Turns out he was from New Jersey and he lives in Rosario now!  It was so weird to tell him about the gospel in English.  I stumbled over a lot of things because I´m so used to talking to people in Spanish.  Ha but it was a fun experience. 
Today we played kickball with the elders and volleyball.  I still love this district, even if all of them are different from when I first got here.
Love and miss you all.
Pictures: well the only one I need to explain is the ice.  Yep, hail the size of golf balls came down Friday night.  Destroyed a lot of roofs and cars.
Hermana Borup
PS mom can you accept Eve Muñoz on facebook for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment