Monday, November 25, 2013

Activity in Playa Hermosa

Dear Family and Friends,
So I haven't mentioned this yet, but I've turned into a cry baby.  I cry all the time now.  This week I cried during a lesson and that's only the second time that has happened to me.  I don't understand it!  Well, I do, but I'm hoping all this crying wont stay with me after my mission. 
So Tuesday we got some bad bad news about an investigator.  It probably broke my heart more than anything else has on my mission.  Unfortunately, it's extremely confidential and I can't explain.  But I think I prayed harder than I ever have.  And we went back to that house wednesday and talked about the priesthood.  My district leader asked me why, and I don't really know why, but we just felt like she needed a blessing and to understand the role of the priesthood more.  So she's getting a blessing this week.  It was special because her son was also in the lesson and I think it made him want to prepare to receive the priesthood even more.  Benefits for both.
But that was the only set back this week.  The week was spent mostly preparing for our activity in Playa Hermosa on saturday.  Somehow there was miscommunication and the other sisters thought we were doing everything, so that's what we had to do.  But the activity ended up going really well.  It was a costume party and 5 non member families came with their kids.  And we're already teaching 2 of them!  Success!  But this is how the activity went.
We played about 9 games, eggs race, 3 legged race, oreo on the head, etc.  and all the kids were under 10.  And there were about 30 kids.  And we were there for 3.5 hours.  I almost went nuts.  And I decided afterwards, I'm never having kids.  But it was also fun even if the other sisters turned up 2 hours late. 
Today we had a zone activity in Rosario, that's why I'm emailing so late.  We watched Monsters University!  It felt so weird watching a movie like that, but we can on birthdays and zone activities.  On my birthday I want to see despicable me 2.  Ya, I've already decided. 
We're having a really hard time getting our investigators to church.  Please pray for them.  Especially our investigator that has a baptismal date, Delma.  She's scared to change religions and she's come to church before, but didn't go inside.  I think she has a lot of fear of change.
Mom, the pictures are like that because I'm fat and I ask the person taking the pictures to not zoom in.
Those books I probably can't read but if you want to send another package I would love more taco seasoning and apple cider!  And music!
I love you all!  Thanks for all your support and I'm sorry I haven't written letters in a while.  If you write me, I promise to write back eventually!  And my birthday is coming up... letters!
Hermana Borup
pictures: some of the kids, and the mask I made
One of the girls with the egg
Hermana Dean and I
Just kidding, they aren't loading so next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment