Thursday, October 10, 2013

Conference!

Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you for all your support and for keeping me informed.  You know me, I always love to know everything about everyone.  So letters and emails are always welcome, but forgive me if I dont respond to everyone.
So this week was full of traveling.  Started with Tuesday to get blood testing.  We went to Rosario, got the blood testing and then got free breakfast.  Free does not exist here so that was super cool.  Hot chocolate and facturas?  Don't mind if I do!
Wednesday I was pretty sick so we stayed inside in the morning and then had an awesome day of teaching.  We saw Marta, who's still on date for the 26th and she told us she couldn't come to conference but she would come to church this next week.  She just happened to be traveling to the other side of Argentina.  Dang it.
Thursday we got a call saying I had to do a few things for my visa in Rosario.  So we went to the mission home that night.  Hermana Smith was there and Hermana Myler (who came with me and was Hermana Jiménez's last companion) so it was a party.  So much fun to see them again.  The next day was full of paperwork and then nice elders giving me treats.  Seriously, we have the best office elders.  Ice cream and goldfish?  Yes.
After paperwork we went and got my results and then sent the pictures in to the doctor.  By the time we were done, all we had tiem to do was have a lesson with a less active family.  Crazy day.  And my thyroid changed again.  Back to Oshimotos.  So I have a few more tests to do.  And because my stomach swelled up this week and I was having trouble breathing, I have a new theory.  Gluten allergy?  Maybe.  I have no idea.  But I looked like I was pregnant.  It was fun.
Saturday we went to conference!!!  And I got to stay for the second session with special permission from president.  The others had to go because they didn't have investigators.  I needed Elder Holland's talk.  Nothing else to say about that.
Sunday we also went to conference and didn't get home until 10 (we had to watch the sessions in Rosario at the stake center). 
So conference...  Marriage anyone?  missionary work?  I was in the english room and every time they mentioned marriage the elders and hermana mueller and I groaned.  No, I really did love every minute of it.  I'm so grateful for the speakers.  I loved Elder Nelson's talk and President Monson's the best.  I felt like they were speaking to me.  And Elder Bednar's talk on tithing?  Yes!  I want to encourage everyone to take Elder Ballard's invitation seriously and reach out to at least one person before chirstmas.  I know if we all do that, missionary work's going to explode.
It's a great time to be a missionary!  I'm now excited again.  Health problems still exist, but I'll do what I can.  I can feel my Savior beside me every step of the way.
I love you all!
Hermana Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment