Monday, February 10, 2014

Great News

 28 Jan 2014

Dear Family and Friends,
Remember the Familia Narducci from Arroyo Seco?  They got baptized!!!!  Woooo!!!!  Probably not Eve yet because they have to get married, but all the kids!!!!  I´m so happy.  Yes, yet another baptism I was not there to see, but it doesn´t matter.  I was able to teach them and be in their lives and see the change in them.  I will never forget saying goodbye and seeing Lucas, the 13 year old, cry.  Ahhh!!!  I´m just so happy right now.
So another transfer done.  I have a new companion.  Of course.  I only last one transfer with each companion.  Her name´s Hermana Ihler and she just turned 11 months in the mission like me!  It´s going to be a blast.  She´s also the nurse.  Ha, I think this assignment was inspired.  Hermana Mueller and Romero are staying and Hermana Garbin goes to Venato Tuerto.  This change is for the best, but it´s still hard to say goodbye to yet another companion.
So this last week was great.  I don´t have any time to talk about it.  But a few highlights:
On tuesday we contacted a boy.  He opened up and we asked him if he believed in God.  He had dreadlocks and at first I thought he was on drugs.  Because he didn´t answer our question but just smiled and told us that he plays the....  I didn´t catch the name.  And then he started playing this instrument from Australia.  it was super weird but then he answered our question and told us that God is energy.  And a lot of other stuff that I had no clue what he was saying.  It was awfully fun though.
Saturday we ate rice and french fries, ya we´re healthy.  But then we had dinner with Beatriz, an investigator.  And she made meat and french fries and fried eggs for us.  I thought I was going to die.  I think I need to cut back on dairy yes, but also on grease.
Sunday we were asked to be with the nursery.  Yikes it was a disaster.  about 6 kids and a big mess.  And then I gave a talk in sacrament meeting.  I chose to speak on the holy ghost and little did I know, the other elder, Elder Higginson, spoke on the same thing.  It was the spirit.  I guess it´s what the ward needed.  Following those promptings. 
Thursday we didn´t have light.  And it was the hottest day of the year.  So there was no air.  I thought I was going to die.  But we had to walk in the night without light and it was kind of fun.  I told Hermana Garbin, because she was super happy that there wasn´t light, that good thing I knew how to get home.  She still doesn´t know the area after 4.5 months.  Ha, oh boy.  Good luck Venato Tuerto. 
Yesterday it rained.  Hard.  Super fun.  We got soaked, ran home, changed, and then got soaked again.  But it was a good day.  We have a new investigator named Elsa.  And we have a golden referral that we tried to contact but he wasn´t home so we´ll try and go tomorrow if my companion gets here early.
The mission is great!  I love life.  Pictures next week!  Keep up the missionary work Dad!
Hermana Borup
P.S.  the situation with the plumbing has not been fixed.  Still no hot water so when it´s raining, we choose not to shower.  Our apartment smells lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment