Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference and the Consulate!

 
 
Dear family and friends,
Thank you so much for all the letters and emails!  I love them!  Did you meet Ted and Crystal yet?  They might call you or drop by our house for some sheet music.
So this week was pretty crazy.  It was pretty bad as far as investigators go, but a great week for less actives.
This will have to be another day by day thing because there's just too much to say and I don't want to forget anything. 
Monday:  We played kick ball and ultimate frisbee as a zone and that was basically it.  We had a great lesson with a family that's active, and their less active dad was working.  Darn it.
Tuesday:  One of the assistants from Australia came to our district meeting.  There I was, minding my own business, playing the piano in the corner when I look up and see him.  I immediately stop and sit down and for 15 minutes, the district was dead quiet, which never happens.  But he's a great Elder and it actually helped a lot to have him.  And he was way more encouraging with role plays than the AP that was there in the room at training a few weeks ago.  We also had a lesson with a recent convert and the Leamens (Ted) wants a children book of mormon for the kids.  He needs to just accept the fact that he believes it's all true and be baptized.  Basically he's crazy.
Wednesday: We went to the Draper temple!  It was so great.  Basically brought peace into our lives and we definitely needed that this week.  We also set up a ton of appointments, but they were all for this next week.  And I got a call from the australian assistant telling me that I needed to be at the office the next day and on tuesday (tomorrow).
Thursday: Hermana Leavitt and I went to the office at 9 in the morning.  We met up with Elder Lopez and his companion and took trax to salt lake.  We met a lot of cool people on trax, but we didn't place a book of mormon.  At the church office building we met up with Norma, and had to do more fingerprints.  She made it way more intense than it needed to be.  But other than that we just had to sign a paper saying that we wouldn't stay in Argentina.  And then afterwards we went to the 26th floor and then down to the cafeteria.  It was pretty fun and it was fun to be companions with Hermana Leavitt again.  When we got back to the office we didnt' have a ride lined up so we were making lots of calls.  The other sisters had to pick us up and while we were waiting I saw that the doctor just happened to be there that day.  So I visited him about my ingrown toenail.  He cut it and I screamed.  And now I soak it in epsom salt and I scream.  And I've been limping for the past several days.
Friday: We had weekly planning and then district lunch and then district language study.  Too much district!  I love them, I seriously do, but I feel so bad when I'm with them because we goof off way too much.  And one of the elders makes me feel uncomfortable, especially when he asks me if I'd be able to support him as a dentist.  Awkward.  So after that we had training and then zone meeting where I had to sit by this elder again.  But the zone meeting was amazing and really encouraged us to keep going.  Which we needed because Brother Wilson and Molly Brown cancelled on us that day.  We were depressed to say the least.  And I was limping and hurting.
Saturday:  We watched conference with two less actives.  Molly Bateman in the morning.  she has a problem with coffee and they talked about addictions.  And then with Dennise who has a baby and they talked about the law of chastity.  It was amazing!  And I loved being able to talk about conference with them afterwards.  And then that night we had a lesson with a lady that wants to make it to the temple, but wasn't sure when she needed to start taking classes because she still feels anger towards family members.  The spirit was super strong during that lesson.
Sunday:  Sister Hodgson got to go to morning session of conference so I was in a trio with Hermana Leavitt and another sister whose companion got to go to conference as well.  We were in her area so we watched conference with a family she knew.  And then I watched the afternoon session with our landlady.  Then we got to visit a less active family and encourage the girls to go to young womens.  So go less actives this week! 
My favorite talk in conference was probably President Monson's or Elder Uchtdorf's.  And I also loved all the talks on missionary work!  Do missionary work people!  The missionaries are more effective when the members get involved so help us out!  But I decided I need to be way more diligent this week.  Diligence is steady, consistent, earnest, and energetic efforts.  I haven't been the most energetic.  But it all changes this week.  Also, I'm not eating as badly this week.  I feel sick all the time and I think it has to do with the amount of ribs I ate at members homes.  Let's just say that I bike all day every day, but I've still gained weight.  Not good. 
I loved seeing Alyssa, Mallory, and Shaundra in the choir!  That was awesome!  I freaked out when I saw everyone, and also cameron and caleb jenson in the after programs. 
Anyway, time to write president.  I love you all and I'm a happy sister missionary that's determined to be more diligent, skinny, and not in the presence of a certain elder.  Transfers are this week, maybe he'll be gone.  Probably not, but one can hope. 
Love,
Hermana Borup



No comments:

Post a Comment