Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A week of miracles!

¡Buen día!
So this week was an adventure full of trials and miracles.  After a whole month of being healthy, I got sick again.  Wednesday I couldn´t even get out of bed.  But somehow I managed to still work and get through the other days.  I seriously think something is wrong with my thyroid.  I haven´t been able to sleep well for months and my emotions are a mess.  Maybe it´s just the missionary life.
Last monday we finished our p-day as a zone at the church.  We couldn´t get the movie to work so Hna Gomez and I decided to go home.  Good thing we did because we soon got a call from Hermana Inés asking us if we were coming over to her house for an FHE at 6.  Uhh... we didn´t plan to.  So we ran because she´s very strict and easily gets mad for tardiness.  She´s not a woman I want on my bad side.  Good thing she absolutely loves me and loves making me hot chocolate!
Friday we had an appointment with Santiago Arraigada who had a baptismal date for the 31st.  We taught the plan of salvation and then talked about his baptism.  He told us he wanted to be baptized on the 17th instead because it´s his mom´s birthday.  Ahh!!!  So we went back saturday and taught him using the baptismal questions.  He´s amazing.  He´s 11 but asks questions that I have never even asked myself about the gospel.  The spirit guides those lessons for sure.  I love that kid!
Sunday they came to church along with all the Coria family (the other investigator boy we have) and Hermana Inés husband (the ex-communicated one).  I have been in Paraná one transfer and sunday we had 62 people at church!!!  Our goal is 70 and I know this ward will reach it soon.  It was a great day at church.  Then right after we had to go to the bus station to go to La Paz.  In Argentina it´s a rule that every citizen has to vote and if they don´t they have to pay a fine.  But if you´re more than 500 km away, you can go to the police station and sign a form saying you couldn´t vote because you were too far away from your home.  Hermana Gomez is from Buenos Aires and we were only 470 km away, so we had to travel.  The whole mission had to travel.  But we came back that same day. And I fell in love with La Paz.  I hope I get to serve there one day.
Yesterday we had to clean our apartment in the morning and as we were cleaning we heard, "Hermanas".  We looked out the window and there was Hermano Coria.  He asked us if we could baptize Josecito on sunday after church because he wife came from Buenos Aires as a surprise.  No problem!  Biggest miracle ever.  Hermana Coria is waiting for a kidney and has been sick for a year, but she gets to see the baptism of her youngest son who´s been waiting for a year.  So two baptisms this weekend.
Last night we had both of their interviews and another FHE with Hermana Ines and her husband.  The work is picking up!  So many miracles!
...and I´m being transfered.  I almost cried.  This always happens to me.  I get transfered right before a baptism.  These boys mean so much to me and I´m super sad to go, but I´m just so happy that their getting baptized.  Maybe one day I´ll see one of my investigators get baptized.  But really, this will be my fourth area and my companion goes home in november and paraná is her 3rd area.  The Lord must need me in Arroyo Seco.
My new companion came out with me and doesn´t speak spanish very well, so this should be interesting.  Haha and we´re both "senior companions".  More like we´re both blind mice.  But I´m excited for another adventure.  I leave tomorrow.
I sent a packet today full of letters (it was cheaper this way).  Can you distribute them?
I love you all and thank you so much for the support!
Hermana Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment