Monday, December 9, 2013

Like McKenzie would say, Birthday week

Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes.  It means a lot and they sure did brighten up my week!  But I still didn't get your birthday package mom, so I just opened up a few of the christmas presents and I'll save some of the birthday ones for christmas when it comes.
This week was crazy packed and I have very limited time because we have to get back to work soon.  So I'll just share the highlights.
Tuesday we had our first real lesson with Miguel and his dad, the less active, was there as well.  He accepted a baptismal date for the 11th of January.  He's going out of town for work soon, so that was the best date for him.  He's pretty solid though.  I haven't had anyone this strong and ready to go since Estevan in utah.
That night at midnight I got a call.  Really confused I answered the phone and it was a family in the branch that sang me happy birthday.  Ha!  I love this branch.  The mom is the relief society president and the dad is the first counselor in the branch presidency.  They are the best.
My birthday was fantastic.  Couldn't of asked for anything better.  We just taught all day long and you're right dad, teaching on your birthday is the best present.  We ended up having 6 lessons that day which is pretty darn crazy for this mission.  It was hot though.  And we were running from place to place.  I thought I was going to pass out, but I didnt which was another birthday miracle.  We found the familia Narducci in the morning, then a less active, then we went to another less active for lunch.  They made me milanesas and salad and they bought be a cake!  They are not the wealthiest of people so this meant a lot.  She's the mom of this area and can't stop smoking and that's why she doesn't go to church, but she has the biggest heart.  I love them!
Then in the afternoon we went to Pueblo Esther, and our lesson fell so we ended up having a lesson with the less active family we work with there.  Their daughter isn't a member and we got to teach her and it was awesome!  She'll be baptized soon.  Give it a month or so.  She knows it's true I just think no one's really invited her. 
Then we went back to Arroyo Seco, met with Hermana Isabel and taught her about tithing (she paid for the first time this week!)  and then to the chruch to celebrate with the members. Members got me presents! And we had a surprise lesson with Miguel.  So best day ever!
Then on friday we had lunch witht he family that called and they had another cake for me!  And milanesas... ha.  And then we went to zone meeting in Rosario where I got my gift from president and sister Giuliani and then we got home in time to have dinner with hermana isabel and she had gotten me a gift and made pizza for me!  I love this branch!
Transfers are coming up and I really don't want to go.  Especially now that so much is happening, but I think I might be going.  If that's the case I'm so grateful I got to spend 3 transfers in Arroyo Seco.  I'm convinced it's the best area a missionary can have!
Hermana Borup


No comments:

Post a Comment