Sunday, September 22, 2013

I love Coffee!

Not really, malta, which tastes like coffee, but still!  I´m in love!
Dear family and friends,
This week started out miserably hot.  I was sweating everywhere.  I couldn´t get dry.  after running in the mornings, I would be dripping.  Too much information?  Just trying to paint a picture.  And then on Thursday I woke up and put on some airy clothes and it was freezing.  What?  Argentina´s worse than Utah with the weather.  It´s been cold and raining ever since and I have another cold.  Great.
But the members are starting to realize that I can´t eat as much as past missionaries.  They still call me the grandote, but they serve me less and don´t make me eat another plate.  They can call me what they want because I´m finally feeling good after lunches instead of having stomach pains!
Estevan was baptized!  Remember my investigator in Utah that couldn´t be baptized because he was on probation?  Well he was baptized last week and I´m soooo happy.  He´s amazing.  Probably the biggest turn around I´ve seen yet on my mission and I´m so grateful that I could see him progress.
I´m sending another package of letters soon!
So this week was draining.  We´re working with a lot of less actives and they are doing fantastic!  4 different families came to church this week!  But we have no investigators.  We´re looking and looking and trying to get the members involved, but they´re getting tired.  I woke up exhausted.  More tired than I´ve ever felt, but we´re going to keep working to find the prepared ones!
This week we also had to Rosario.  An area seventy, Nicolas Di Giovanni came and spoke to us.  It was an amazing conference and gave me the strength I needed to keep going.  I even contacted on the bus ride home (something I never do because I´m usually sleeping) and I met the most amazing lady.  She took a plan of salvation pamphlet and was excited to read it.  And she´s from Arroyo Seco!  Wahoo!  It was a booster for sure.
Yesterday there was a car show, so there was loud music right outside during sacrament.  The first counselor started dancing.  haha.  And then the man giving the last talk sang a whole hymn.  It was fantastic.
Love you all!
Hermana Borup

No comments:

Post a Comment