Monday, January 6, 2014

Just keep walking and walking and walking

 1-6-14
Dear Family and Friends,
Well this area is the same as last week.  I thought I told you about the area last week but if you really want to know more...  We live in the center of Pergamino in a shopping mall.  It´s nice, but not at the same time.  It gets loud at night because everyone eats outside and there´s music.  But other than that it´s fun.  We have a ghetto elevator and everything.  Our area is Centro B which is the half of the ward starting from the train tracks and going to the limit in the center.  So that Dad can be a creeper and look on google maps.  Most of our work goes on far from where we live.  The outskirts of our area because no one likes to listen in the center.  My companion is slowly learning the area.  She´s also getting a lot better at contacting.  Now she doesn´t just hand people a pamphlet and counts contacts for the people across the street that she yells at.  She actually talks to people now.  So we´ve found some people through contacting.  The ward is good.  Nothing like Arroyo Seco.  I don´t really know the bishop because he´s super quiet and doesn´t really like the missionaries.  I want to help him out but he lives no where near our area and we´re not allowed to go into his neighborhood.  Somehow we´re going to find a way to serve him.  Oh that´s another thing.  all these members want service service service.  I love service, but I´m getting the feeling that their attitude is this, "these missionaries aren´t doing anything so we´ll give them something to do.  Clean my house!" so... yep.  But every week gets a little better.  We´ve repaired some damage done by the sister before me and we had two less active families at church and an investigator!  And the members got excited about that!  Wahoo!
 
So I feel like I´m trying to have a positive attitude about everything but this place is really hard.  And it shouldn´t be.  It´s hard because of my companion´s last companion.  No one wants to work with us.  And all the other missionaries kind of exclude us in the zone.  So that´s rough.  Today I wanted to do something for pday instead of just sleeping like we´ve done for the last two weeks and the elders said they were all getting together to play soccer, which we can´t play with them.  Lame.  So we´re having a picnic by the river with the other sisters.  We´re going to eat ice cream of course so it will be fun.  But I do miss pdays in Galvez with my last district.  
 
This week I had a near death experience with my health.  But I got a blessing and it´s all good now.  I finally got to do my blood testing and i´m going to a doctor when I get the results, so there was no need to call Hermana Giuliani.  Just know that I was protected and I know that what my setting apart said is true, that Grandpa is close to me on my mission.  
 
Quick question? Can someone get addicted to benedryl?  Because I´ve been having a lot of allergic reactions and I´ve been taking a lot lately.  Let me know if I shouldn´t.
 
So this week was the fast.  I love fasting.  With my health, I can´t do it very often, but when we do fast, it gives us so much extra spiritual strength.  We start our fast after lunch on Saturday and then break it on Sunday lunch time.  Saturday was amazing!  We finally had a lesson with a member, a recent convert named Angela.  She came with us to our investigator´s Alejandra.  We had a good little lesson and then we talked about church.  And Alejandra asked Angela if she walks to church and at what time.  They exchanged numbers and then came to church together!  It was exactly what Alejandra needed.  Now she just needs to quit smoking before her baptismal date on the first of February!
 
The other miracle: we met Viviana this week.  Saturday we had a lesson with her.  She´s been going to a lot of different churches.  She had cancer and since that trial she´s been looking for a way to be closer to God.  When we told hing to give her the Book of Mormon she almost cried.  She´s a miracle and we´ll see her again on Saturday.
 
The other miracle:  I had to call Arroyo Seco last night because I forgot a few things.  While I was talking to Hermana Dean, she told me that the Narducci kids have another baptism date for the 25th and that they came to church!  Luis Ramon moved back to the campo and walked 8 kilometros to get to church and he´s 80! and Delma is coming to church!  Ahhh!!!  I feel like the Narducci family is my family.  Everyone looks for that family to teach on their missions and they are mine.  I didn´t think I could love anyone besides my own family that much!  Now I just have to find people like that in Pergamino.
 
Well this letter is long.  I hope you´re all doing great.  Thanks for the updates on everyone in the family.  Mom, st George half is the best race, so I know you can beat McKenzie.  You´re getting old but not that old.  
Love,
Hermana Borup
p.s. This week I made brownies and taco soup because we actually had a rainy day.  Yes, I´m cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment